Procedures on granting the use of the municipal properties
Granting the use of the municipal properties is done through the following procedures:
- Public auction;
- Expression of Interest; and
- Negotiations of the Mayor.
Criteria for granting the use of municipal property
Granting the use of municipal property is based on the following criteria:
- The municipal property granted for use must be registered into the registry of cadastral property;
- The purpose of using the municipal property to be harmonized with the documents of spatial planning;
- To have reasonability of public interest or economic benefit of Municipality;
- To meet the defined environmental requirements and criteria
The deadline of granting the use of municipal property
- Granting short-time use of municipal property, which means a period of one (1) year up to fifteen (15) years;
- Granting the long-term use of municipal property, which means a period of more than fifteen (15) up to ninety-nine (99) years;
Negotiation of the offers from the Mayor
The Mayor has the right without having to develop preliminary procedures to negotiate the submitted bids from the interested parties and to submit the final proposal for granting the municipal property, for the final approval at the Municipal Assembly.
The right to negotiate, the Mayor can use in the following cases:
- In the cases when the investment amount is at least 10% of the general budget of Municipality capital investments of the previous year, but not greater than the minimum amount defined with the Law of Strategic Investments in the Republic of Kosovo;
- In the cases when an investor has expressed interest to establish a business at the interest of the Municipality;
- In the cases when there is no interest to gain the municipal property from the parties for at least the last three (3) years.