The Taliqi Bridge

Jusufi’s Quarter - Local Community no. 2, St. Konferenca e Bujanit

The Taliqi Bridge

It is located, to the south of Grand Bazaar complex, over the River Krena. According to the inscription engraved on the wall, the bridge dates back to 1816. According to written evidence, the bridge was built by a wealthy Tannery (Tabak) for the Tannery’s neighborhood. It was built of ashlar, formed by one large arch barrel and two smaller arch barrels on each side near riverbanks. An arched buttress was opened between two arches. Originally the bridge resembled the typology of a 3 arched symmetrical bridge constructed in stone. The bridge, nowadays pedestrian bridge, is in a good condition. The bridge is 26 meters long and 4.05 meters wide.

Period: Ottoman

Century: XIX

Permanent protection, Date of Protection: 02-571/1-1962

Source: https://dtk.rks-gov.net/tkk_objekti_en.aspx?id=2858

Categories: Trashëgimia

Theme picker