Mausoleum of Girls from 1689
In 1689, after the death of the Austrian general Pikolomin, whose arrival was welcomed with enthusiasm by local population, the command was taken by the Duke of Holstein, who, with his rampant behavior caused so much dissatisfaction amongst the population of Gjakova making some of them leave the city and move to the villages. Amongst the displaced ones was also the brother of Mehmet effendi with his family, who asked from his brother to leave the house together, but he refused.
All six daughters of Mehmet efendiu were killed by Austrian soldiers and officers, as they were defending their honor and their home, with hot water as they were washing the clothes, in the moment when they were attacked in the yard of their house.
The heroism of the sisters left deep traces in the memories of Gjakovars, who declared them sacred and declared their graves into mausoleum that is related to many miracles.
Sheh Emin’s Tekke from XVIII century
Another material evidence that proves that Albanians are autochthonous, who were living in their ancestral lands before the Great Serb movement in 1690.
The tekke belongs to Saadi order. It was constructed in 1730, and it was reconstructed in 1856 by Sheh Emin himself, a known Gjakova’s architect, who designed many buildings and different architectural complexes.
In the architectural aspect, the building belongs to civic national architecture. It presents a complex of buildings with tekke, mausoleum, samahane (praying room), springs, houses and other buildings. In its interior as well as exterior it is rich with decorative elements of carved wood. This building is famous for its guest room in the upper floor shaped as an octagonal.
In the decision for protection of this building it is stated that this monument is very interesting in the architectural aspect, because it represents a rare exemplary of sacral architecture that will serve in studying the monuments of this kind.
It is under protection by law since 1956.
Sheh Danjoll’s Tekke from XIX century
It is the first tekke of rufai order in Kosovo, built in XIX century by Haxhi sheh Musaja. Hi was known as an author of nasheeds and for his rich library. It brought up educated sheiks that served as teachers in Gjakova and other areas.
The complex was built in XIX century and it consists of samahane, mausoleum, the house and the cemetery. Samahane has a square foundation, its interior is decorated with arabesques, with mural paintings with geometrical figures, citations from Quran and floral elements.
The grand Balkans Autocephaly tekke from XVII century
This is the oldest tekke of Saadi not only in Gjakova, but in the whole of Rumelia. It was created by Sheh Sulejman Axhiza Baba (1537-1652), with origins from the Bushatlinj familu from Shkodra, who stayed in Gjakova for some time with his three sons Damjoll efendi, Lutfullah efendi and Abdylvehab. His work in Gjakova was continued by Danjoll efendi, who was the first Imam of Hadumi’s Mosque and Lutfullah efendi, its first muezzin, whereas he moved with his youngest son to Prizren, where he established the in Marash as well the Saadi Tekke.
From the architectural point of view, the tekke is consisted of samahane, mausoleum, the house and the cemetery.
The old complex of the Bektashis’ Tekke in Qerimi neighborhood comprised of two buildings, but due to urban reasons, it was transferred to Hadumi neighborhood, where the necessary adaptations take place.
There used to be a library that was rich with rare books and manuscripts in Albanian, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, etc. Some of them were writings from the fathers of this tekke such as Adem Haxhi Babai, who wrote under the nickname “Vexhhi”, Baba Hamza, Baba Qazim Bakalli etc. There were also the writings of the Istanbul Society and of Frashëri brothers.
Ali Baba’s Tekke
On May 7, 1999 the building was burnt together with the library with 1700 books, 180 of which were original-unique writings.
Only in Gjakova there is a center of shazeli order. The tekke of Ali Baba in Hanka neighborhood has been founded by sheh Cena in the beginning of the XIX century. Close to the tekke there is a mausoleum with the graves of sheiks and dervishs and the house. Its sheiks were educated people.
Before this one, there used to be another shazeli tekke founded by sheh Hysen Qyli in the last decade of XVIII century in Mullajusufi neighborhood (nowadays sheh Hysen’s mausoleum).
Sheh Ban’s Tekke
It belongs to Saadi order. It has an interesting architecture that is characteristic for such buildings of Islam religion. It had a rich library with valuable manuscripts for the history of development of the abovementioned order.